- Cofounder of ReelSurfer
- Pro to the question "Is a College Education Worth It?"
“Steve Jobs did it in 1972. Bill Gates did it in 1974. More recently, so did Mark Zuckerberg and Jack Dorsey… In recent years, dropping out [of college] to pursue a tech startup has become the new American Dream… I’m here to say *don’t* do it – do NOT drop out of school… It’s pretty easy to come up with success stories, but what proportion of the whole do they actually make up? If we use wealth as a measure of success, Forbes’ January 2012 edition reveals that about 85% of America’s 400 Richest People… do, in fact, have a college degree… I looked through this year’s Forbes 30 under 30 in the Tech category and an overwhelming 92.5% stuck to school. Even in a fuzzy category like Art & Style, 87% had undergraduate degrees or better.”
“DON’T Drop out to Do a Startup,” blogchristianyang.com, Jan. 2, 2013
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Cofounder, ReelSurfer, 2008-present
- Director of Technology, Emeritus, Supporting Initiatives to Redistribute Unused Medicine (SIRUM), 2008-present
- Software Design Engineer, Program Manager, Microsoft, 2006-2012
- Software Engineer, Google, 2006-2008
- Systems Designer, Stanford University School of Medicine, 2005-2008
- BS, Computer Systems Engineering and Management Science and Engineering, Stanford University
- Graduated Miramonte High School
- None found
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Is a College Education Worth It?